Here’s what we saw today in MLB Spring Training:
- Los Angeles Dodgers third baseman Justin Turner clubbed a home run on his way to going 2-for-2 and batting in three to go with three runs scored in a Cactus League win against the Chicago Cubs. Turner hit the homer off Cubs right-hander Christian Bergman in the bottom of the first inning.
- Rhys Hoskins went 2-for-3 and knocked in two runs for the Philadelphia Phillies against the Detroit Tigers on Monday.
- Houston Astros ace Justin Verlander pitched a perfect two innings for his club against the Mets. He struck out one and the other five outs came through the air.
- Atlanta Braves first baseman Freddie Freeman homered off J.J. Hoover to help his team beat the National 9-4.
- Patrick Corbin made his debut with the Washington Nationals, striking out two and walking none in two innings against the Atlanta Braves.
- Zack Greinke threw two hitless innings in his Cactus League debut against the Oakland Athletics. Greinke is known for starting the year with low velocity and his fastball topped out at just 88.3 mph.
- Cleveland Indians starting pitcher Trevor Bauer went three scoreless in his Cactus League debut agains the Rangers. It took him just 15 total pitches to get through the first two innings, so the Indians gave him a third.
- Troy Tulowitzki hit a home run in his first at bat as a New York Yankee against Marcus Stroman of the Toronto Blue Jays.
- James Paxton hurled two hitless innings against the Blue Jays. He walked two and struck out two.